Monday, January 24, 2011

Binary Voting... and the link to donate.

So, where's the link to donate???

I intentionally left that off of my last post to give myself a chance to get off the hook explain the rules of an added "game" we'll play here at Buzz for Bubbers.

Undoubtedly, some of you are saying, "You're doing what? Are you crazy???" while others are rubbing your hands together and chuckling at how completely ridiculous I will look bald.  And by "completely ridiculous," I mean amazingly hot.  ;)  Undoubtedly, ALL of you are getting out your credit cards and chomping at the bit to support me, right?

Anyway.  Here's how binary voting will work.
Wait, back up.  First of all, this is the most basic explanation of how the binary system works:
The numeral 1 = yes.  The numeral 0 = no.

Simple, right?  Hard to believe that centuries after its inception, this basic system of yin and yang would eventually lead to home electronics as we know them today.  But I digress....  If you would like to donate to my cause, and if you have an opinion as to its outcome, you can cast your vote (or multiple votes) with your donation.

If you would like to see me shave my head (cast a "YES" vote), please end your total donation with the numeral 1.

Each increment of $10 will count as one vote -- i.e. $11 = one "yes" vote, $21 = two "yes" votes, $31 = three "yes" votes, etc.  There is no limit to the number of votes you can cast.  Want to vote 100 times?  Knock. Yourself. Out!

If you would not like to see me shave my head (cast a "NO" vote), please end your total donation with the numeral 0.

Again, each increment of $10 will count as one vote -- i.e $10 = one "no" vote, $20 = two "no" votes, $30 = three "no" votes, etc.  Come on, guys -- I'm fully expecting you to save me from myself!!!

If you have no opinion, or want to donate less than $10, or have a superstitious attachment to the number 4, or whatever... please still participate!  Any donations not ending in 1 or 0 will simply not be counted on the morning of March 18th, when the final decision will be published here.  But even if your donation doesn't count as a vote, it will still mean the world to me to see your name on my donation page, and know that you've got my back.  Even if it's just a dollar!

No matter the outcome of the voting, I will be present at Dell Children's on March 19th, either to have my head shaved, or to get my free t-shirt and breathe a sigh of relief as I listen to the buzz of clippers and show my support for the shorn.  All "votes" will be donated to St. Baldrick's regardless of the outcome.


Finally, ---> HERE <--- is the link to my page!

Or, type in stbaldricks.org/participants/MamaKat

As you will see, my wonderful husband, Casey, is totally behind me on this one.  Which leads to my next post, which will most likely be titled:  "Are You Insane?"





 St. Baldrick's Fact O'the Day:

The St. Baldrick's Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c)3 organization, IRS identification number 20-1173824. Donations made to the St. Baldrick's Foundation are tax deductible in the U.S. 

Oh, and before I forget:  THANK YOU!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. As of 1/26 @ 4pm, $40 more will set the voting back to "neutral" despite my husband heavily weighing the polls in favor of a head shave. I invite anyone with an opinion to weigh in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that $10! You guys are awesome.

    ReplyDelete