Saturday, February 5, 2011

Friday Night Update -- on Saturday instead -- Week 2

I missed the Friday Night deadline this week.  (Already?!? Jeez, you'd think I could get it right for ONE whole week in a row!)  Assuming that this will happen again, I'm going to re-name this feature "Weekend Update."


...but only if you promise to read it in your best Norm MacDonald voice, making frequent stops to stare off into space.


This week has been just as eventful as the last.  Just before 8:00am Central Time yesterday morning, we surpassed the $3000 mark.  Currently, the donations total $3,067!

I'd originally set my event goal to $1000, then more than doubled it to $2500, and decided to go ahead and double it again to $5000.   Set your sights high, I say!  You've already brought me up so much higher than I ever expected -- both monetarily and spiritually.


Another exciting development this week is that I received my first donation from a complete stranger, and  first feature on another blog.  A friend here in Austin publishes "Move To Austin" , an informational site for anyone considering relocating to this technological and musical hub of the USA (could any place be more perfect for Casey and I?), and made this her featured story.  Go check it out, and let me know if you'll be living in town in time for our next cookout!  Anyway, one of her readers was moved to donate, and I am so grateful.  And I hereby grant permission to anyone else who might have a blog out there to link up to "Buzz for Bubbers."


Now, for the news you've all been waiting for:  Where Does the Voting Stand?

The "yes" votes have increased from 50... to 140!
The "no" votes have crept up as well, from 136... to 164!

It's getting much, much closer!  In preparation, I've been taking my hair for long walks in the sunshine, made a point of telling it how much I've valued its friendship, and brush it lovingly each night.  I don't think it suspects a thing.

We've got six weeks to go!!!  I've got lots of work to do.  For the moment, I've exhausted much of my online network, so it's time to start pounding the pavement and approaching the people I know in my community.  I hope you'll continue to spread the word on my behalf, even if you yourself are unable to contribute right now.

In fact, here's a "homework" assignment for you all:  send a link to your nuclear family.  Mom, Dad, sisters, brothers... and if you have grown kids, send it to them instead.  I'm not asking you to share it with your entire contact list, or asking you to demand that they forward it on, or saying that if you don't do it in the next 23 minutes you'll have 8 years of bad luck.  Just say "Hey, here's this thing that this person I know is doing," and leave it at that.  No pressure. 

I'll even give you the links to cut and paste:

          www.baldybubbers.blogspot.com
          www.StBaldricks.org/participants/MamaKat

Make sure they all know to end their donation dollar amount in a 1 if they're pro-shave, and a 0 if they say no way!



I can't say it enough:  Thank you again for your support, and your kind words of encouragement.   My love to you all!





To donate to St. Baldrick's in honor of Stephen, click HERE!
See the blog post on "Binary Voting" for details on how to vote for or against my head shave!

1 comment:

  1. Although I have just about zero dollars to donate, I'd give you a million if I could. And it would so be a YES vote. You'll know why when you get yourself a head massage unlike any other you've ever had. The kind of head massage only bald people get. You're gonna be hot Mama Kat!!!

    ReplyDelete