Friday, March 18, 2011

Weekend Update -- Week 8. A Last Call

How many of you made it all the way to Last Call in the pubs last night?  I'm having a Last Call of my own; the last chance to donate to St. Baldrick's before the big shave happens at noon on Saturday, March 19th.  Tomorrow!  Yikes.

I'm stocking up on sunscreen, but have yet to buy any glitter paint for my head.  Seems like I'd need a special occasion to go so far as glitter paint.  But I'll tell ya what, if I hit $10K by tomorrow, I'll make it happen.  And the top donor in Austin will have the honor of doing the painting!

In case any of you needed any last minute convincing, I'll close with a list of reasons to give.  And to all of you who've already clicked that link -- Thank you!  Again.  So much.



The last picture you'll see of me -- with hair!



This week's stats:


Donations:  $9,308


The final voting tally:
     Yes, shave it!     =  552
     No, just a trim!   =  366



Reasons to give:
    • You were a friend of Stephen. Give here.
    • You are a friend of mine. Give here.
    • You are a friend of a friend of Stephen, or a friend of a friend of mine. Or a friend of a friend of a friend. Give here .
    • You're family, and remember this experience. Give here .
    • You're close with your siblings, and couldn't imagine being an only child. Give here .
    • You're an only child, and have always longed for a sibling. Give here .
    • You're a parent, and can't imagine losing a child. Give here.
    • You've lost someone to cancer. Give here .
    • You've seen someone survive cancer, and remember the incredible sense of relief you felt.  Give here.
    • You've survived cancer.  Give here .
    • You just want to see me bald so you can point and laugh. I don't mind. Give here.
    • You've enjoyed reading this blog. Maybe laughed, maybe teared up, maybe outright cried at times. Maybe just took a couple extra minutes to contemplate your own life. Give here .



If you can't afford to donate any money, I understand. Times are tough, jobs are scarce, and most of the people in my demographic are just learning to juggle mortgages, tiny mouths to feed, and the staggering costs of childcare. But please, take a second to forward this blog to your family or to a friend, one last time, and spread the word.

Or, I invite you to shave you OWN head for St. Baldrick's, this year, or sometime down the line.  My buddy Ian will tell you, you never know who you might inspire!

 
And whenever you see a lost balloon aloft, think of Stephen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment