Friday, March 4, 2011

Weekend Update -- Week 6. Two weeks?!?!? Eeek!

Wow, guys....

Monday and Tuesday's Facebook fundraising "blitz" was pretty successful! 

Seventy-eight of you posted a link to "Buzz for Bubbers" or my St. Baldrick's participant page on your Facebook accounts.  (And that doesn't account for the secondary links that YOUR friends posted.)  Anyone see this on Twitter?  On MySpace?  I also know there are a couple of friends' and friends-of-friends' blogs out there with a link back to here.  Thank you so much for the publicity!

The blog hits for that 24-hour period totaled 862.  (Bringing the all-time pageviews up to over 4,500.)

The combined donations of twenty people totaled $761!  (The highest one-day total ever... aside from the $1000 donation that made me realize that this was going to become much bigger than the "couple hundred bucks and a free haircut" that I'd envisioned when I first signed on for this project!)

I've seen a number of donations from people who are complete strangers.  Which means that it worked. We found some of those compassionate people who otherwise would never have known this campaign was going on.  A great, big, public thank you to the kind strangers, should you be reading this tonight!

I am so proud that so many friends, family members, coworkers, and acquaintances made the decision to get involved with St. Baldrick's on my behalf.  I was aware that I had a great network.  But I'm astonished at how sympathetic and proactive you've all turned out to be.  I am indebted to each and every one of you.


I can think of someone else who'd be proud, too.



Without further ado, tonight's totals:

Donations:  $6,263  
You can check out how that measures up to the event totals (so far) if you click *here* 


Looks like the hair is (eeek!) gone.
     Yes, shave it!    =  340
     No, just a trim!  =  289

When I first set up this whole "voting" deal, again, I expected to tally a couple dozen votes as hash-marks on a scrap of paper.  Now, I have (no joke) a spreadsheet tracking who gave what amount and how many votes that translates into, and who followed up a vote ending in zero with a message that read, "Can't wait to see you bald!"  (It was inevitable, and yes, those votes were counted as "yeses.")  

Now that we're getting down to the wire, I'll admit that I've been going along minding my own business, when suddenly a shock will hit me, and I'll think to myself, "I'm going to shave my head.  Wait.  I'm going to what my what?!?!?"





Thank you all, again.  Have a wonderful weekend.





To donate to St. Baldrick's in honor of Stephen, click HERE!
See the blog post on "Binary Voting" for details on how to vote for or against my head shave!

No comments:

Post a Comment